Scott A. Mackler Memorial 5K Run/Walk
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2023
Location: Temple Beth El, 301 Possum Park Rd, Newark, DE
The online registration fee is $30 for both the 5K Run/Walk and the 1 Mile Fun Walk. For the first 300 participants to register, you will receive a free t-shirt.
Online registration ends Thursday, November 2, at 12:30 PM.
Day-of registration will be $40. Check-in on November 5, will start at 12:00 PM and the race will officially begin at 1:00 PM.
After the race, stay for our awards ceremony and enjoy a full post-race kosher buffet.
- Awards for best OVERALL male and female runners
- Awards for top two runners in each age group
- Awards for OVERALL top three male and female walkers
- Age category awards for runners only:
- 13-under, 14-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
Thank you for your support of the Scott A. Mackler Memorial 5K Run/Walk to support the Scott A. Mackler, MD, Ph.D., Assistive Technology Program.
Assistive technology gives a person with ALS new and alternative means to stay active and continue to participate in everyday activities.
The Scott A. Mackler, MD, Ph.D., Assistive Technology Program provides people with ALS access to assistive technology devices and services that are often not covered by insurance policies. Additionally, the Program ensures that assistive technology services are an integral part of ALS clinics and certified treatment centers.
- Through the program, people with ALS can borrow devices such as
- Remote door chimes to call for help
- Environmental control units that offer hands-free access to televisions, CD players, cable boxes, etc.
- Rocket E-Books™ - an electronic device that allows you to read novels and published works
- Scanning telephones to promote independent phone use
- Dedicated communication devices that convey messages
- Computers with voice output and the ability to access the Internet